Sightseeing time!
It's a holiday! It's just like saturday in other countries. And we went to Dubai for sightseeing the city and shopping! Well, it might supposed to be so. But today I was just not in the mood for shopping. I'm just too bored with malls. They're just the same everywhere. What I actually want is something more etnical, not the modern stuffs that we can find anywhere in the world. So yeah... I finally managed to save some money today *yippie*After city center, the next stop is the Global Village, where cultures from countries all over the world comes in a single place. Almost all countries have stalls here. They sell things from paintings to food, from clothes to home industry. Indonesia? Yes it's there. But from my perspective, it's not as attractive as other countries' stalls. Not all stalls are occupied, and not all occupied stalls have salesperson. And the things they sold, mostly not representatives of Indonesian culture. Yes there are some angklung, some statues from Sulawesi or Irian (I think..), a carved wooden wardrobe cabinet from Jepara (probably..), and a wooden table which I don't know from where. But most of them are stuffs that we can find anywhere in the world. No batik, no traditional Indonesian snacks, no wayang, etc. Probably, I'm just supposing that there were not many resources to do that? Hm.. should have been thankful then to the people who have already put all their efforts to represent our country in the festival. Thanks.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home