Ajoe's Blog

Sketch of a simple twenty-something woman-wannabe.

Friday, April 08, 2005

A little terror in the city

What a frightening afternoon today! There were two guys following me while I was walking around Abu-Dhabi Mall and Abu-Dhabi Cooperative Society. It was started when I wanted to walk out of Abu-Dhabi Cooperative Society. There's one man, quite a clean one, without beard and mustache, saying hi to me. I just walked by and ignored him. Of course, why should I care? Until he followed me when I walked along the side of Abu-Dhabi Cooperative Society. He was calling me several times from my back, and I just walked straight, starting to feel threatened. In front of one store, I pretended to look at the things in the store's display, and glance to him. Gosh! He's still there, writing a message from his mobile phone, and glance to me as well. Ok, that was enough! I don't like being in such position. So I kept walking to Abu-Dhabi Mall, trying to be part of a crowd. It was the safest thing I can think of that time, since I walked along a quiet road, without anyone around me. And I was so suspicious of everyone who passed me by. So I went inside Abu-Dhabi Mall, and still no store was open. Then I walked down to the basement to the supermarket area. Feeling safer, I started to looked around for something to buy. But suddenly, I met another guy, different from the one who followed me outside Abu-Dhabi Cooperative Society. He was also followed me, and it was so clear that he intended to do that. I was turning left and back, and he followed me. So I decided to go out and back to the hotel as fast as I can. Fortunately I was directly get a taxi. But even as I entered the taxi, that guy was still following me. I was soooo frightened! And the miserable feeling continued as I am inside the taxi. I try not to have bad prejudice over the taxi driver, but the whole thing just haunted me so much. I kept suspicious to everyone I saw until I reached the hotel. Thanks God, I feel so much better now, eventhough the incident still haunted me. That was such a traumatic experience! I really don't want to walk outside alone anymore and should find someone to accompany me. So Fitri was right, the guys here are dangerous. I should be careful next time and watch myself out of bad people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home