Ajoe's Blog

Sketch of a simple twenty-something woman-wannabe.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Finally.... final project!

Final project presentation! Finally, after a whole week trying to survive with the project preparation and dry-runs, we made it through eventually! Yes, it's a bit stressful at the beginning. Trying to manage all the differences of opinions and thinking methods, and thinking of the best way to organize and solve the problems. But it's even more stressful near the end, since we had to practice a damn lot to make the best presentation as as we can. I don't really see this as a competition with the other team, but more on the opportunity to show our capabilities in delivering the solutions to client and manage a good project. In a way, I was confident enough since our project manager is a very experienced and capable one. On the other hand, I wasn't quite sure on my own potentials. There were times when I felt so vacant, that I can't think of anything in my mind, and that made me feel so bad, since I was not being able to contribute a lot to my team. But then I realized that it was time for my PMS thing. So I managed to deal with it in a day or two. Still, I felt so nervous during the dry-runs, either with my team or in front of our instructor. I was even more nervous on our last dry-run together in a team, in Juan's room, where I can't say anything since I had a very dry throat, and Juan had to give me a glass of water to help me recover. Thanks God, I happened to managed all my fears during the actual presentation in front of some managers in UAE. *phiuh* You wouldn't know how ease I felt after that! All the loads had been taken off my shoulders, and I can breathe freely as before. We got some evaluations after that, though. But I guess that's the way it is, to make us better than we are now. So after the whole thing, which preceded by network failure and fire alarm, we present our instructor -Terry- a thank you card, with greetings in our own different languages. He didn't look very enthusiastic though, but I know that he's not a kind of sentimental person who like to take things personally. Back to the hotel, we received a gift from UAE office: a seven sands frame for each of us, which provoke a huge protests among us, since that's not something that we would expect as a gift from here. But for me, since I'm not really expecting the gift at the first place, it's just a bit of disappointing, but not that bad. Anyway, we had another dinner at Chili's tonight, and I had to cancel again the coffee invitation from Reggie and other Indonesian friends...
After presentation, with the whole team and our instructor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home